Margaret Totten - MA, RPC, LCT-C, CPCC
My approach to therapy and coaching is Solution-Focused, meaning that we primarily focus on creating your fulfilling future.
You will change when you are inspired by a new vision of the possibilities that exists for your life. It can take time to see these possibilities, but with some help finding a new perspective, you'll gain new confidence and be on your way to affecting lasting change in your life.
I provide the following professional counselling services for individuals, couples and families:
- Depression, Anxiety and Self-Esteem Issues
- Emotional Support during Life and Career Transitions
- Grief Support
- Stress Management and Work/Life Balance Support
- Family Violence Support for Women
- Self-esteem & Assertiveness Support for Women
- Breast Cancer Survivorship Support (as a survivor personally)
- Spiritual and Vocational Counselling- identifying values and finding life purpose
I have experience and skill with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues. We will work together in a comfortable and supportive environment, where you'll receive a personalized approach tailored to your individual needs.
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission. Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
I (Margaret A. Totten) am fully-insured, and a Registered Professional Counsellor (RPC) with the Canadian Professional Counsellor's Association (CPCA) and a Licenced Counselling Therapist-Candidate (LCT-C) with College of Counselling Therapists of NB. I am also an approved provider of Counselling Services for the following:
- Lifeworks EAP
- Homewood Health
- Arete Human Resources
- NB Public Safety- Victim Services
- ComPysch-Guidance Resources
As an LCT-C in New Brunswick, I can also accept Blue Cross insurance.
General Counselling Fees
One 50 Minute Session: $120.00 CAD
One and three month coaching packages also available.
Payment is due at session. Some subsidies or sliding scale arrangements are available.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan (see above list of providers I am an affiliate for). Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
Do I have mental health insurance benefits? How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Questions? Contact us for further information!